Monday, August 17, 2009

Evicted

Along with being thrown out of a pub and out of a church, Eve can now add a library to her list of places she has been ejected from (although we didn't actually get thrown out) .

If we had been in the main part, where anyone was reading, then I might have felt a bit less aggrieved about it. However, we were standing in the atrium by the lifts (the cause of the shouts of happiness from Eve as she watched them go up and down) when the security guard came over and, pointedly looking directly at Eve, told us to be quiet.

I felt like asking him if he fancied trying to keep her quiet. I had been giving myself a pat on the back because I had managed to get her to stay stationary while the Boy returned our books. Silent AND still would be too much to expect.

I felt like a naughty child being told off and wandered off muttering "what does Mr Quiet do?" to Eve to persuade her to lower her volume.

2 comments:

Dorset Dispatches said...

We get evicted from all sorts of places. I don't worry about it anymore. But I like the 'what does mr. quiet do' tactic. I shall try it and see whether it works on my two.

London City (mum) said...

Alice - seems pretty obvious to me there is only ONE place that will have your daughter and not complain about or evict her: the rowing club.

When does she start?