Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jet lag

I hate jet lag. I get it really badly, always have. As a result of being able to fall asleep rather easily, I have always found it particularly difficult to get over jet lag because I have a tendency to fall asleep at the drop of a hat, wherever I happen to be (once I fell asleep as pillion on a motorbike going 90mph down a motorway - I really can sleep anywhere).

However, on the most recent trip the ease with which Eve and I slotted into the difference timezone was really rather surprising, and delightful. She even slept through a couple of nights (or would have done had we not been doing our best to freeze her to death which she, quite rightly, objected vocally to).

Which has made the return leg all the more difficult. Trying to explain to me, a grown adult, why you might be awake at midnight for three hours is hard enough, explaining it to a 6 month old baby who just wants to play is altogether a new challenge.

No comments: