Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sleep, perchance to dream

After 3 nights of controlled crying I am very surprised at the results. Each night (and in writing this I know I am tempting fate) Eve has been gradually less and less vocal, and last night she only woke up for food. Well, she woke up at other points too but has now learnt to settle herself without intervention from us.

When she does wake up for food, it is very obvious as there is immediate shouting. The other night, when I left to go to the bathroom before feeding her she screamed the place down. It went like this:

Mummy, I am awake and I am hungry...Hello Mummy, nice to see you, I am hungry...Hold on, my food is leaving the room. Come back!...Oi, I am here. Come back I WANT FOOD(the Boy stumbles to the cot to soothe her)...Get the hell off me and do something useful and go and get my food provider back here

My little daughter. Knows what she wants and how to get it.

No comments: