Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gone but not forgotten

Well, the 10 gorgeous days of grandparent-dom is now over. They didn't end up having to babysit while I raced (I won two golds, if anyone cares) but did come over at an ungodly hour in the morning so the Boy and I could both row one weekend and generally behaved like wonderful, doting grandparents. Eve loved it, although their visit coincided with her first realisation that she might be centre of the world, and after ten days of grandparent love now is certain that she is! I loved the extra special close bond I have with Mum now that I am a a parent too, and Dad loved picking every single winner when we went to the Happy Valley horse races one night. We had no arguments, and we spent a lot of time in swim suits. Everything was as it should be. I really, really miss them now.

1 comment:

LottieP said...

Hooray for the two golds!