Sunday, April 6, 2008

Employ a professional

In my pre-baby days I used to say that I would always have a nanny, after all you employ someone with experience in every other facet of your life so why not employ someone more experienced than you to look after your child. In no other part of life would we put something as precious and important as a baby in the hands of people with no experience! Of course, now I actually have a child I find myself feeling quite differently and that a parent should be with their child. I think that emotionally this is best, but 3 hours this morning have found me reverting a little back towards my former position.

Nanny H is back from her 3 week holiday and already I am breathing a sigh of relief. I was due to have a call with my boss this morning to discuss my return to work next week, so I hid myself in the bedroom after breakfast leaving H and Eve to battle with the nap. Within 10 minutes, Eve was asleep, in her chair (the Boy and I have never managed that before!) and H was merrily getting on with the ironing.

I don't know how she does it. Of course she has worked with lots of children, has 2 of her own, and not being a parent and getting enough sleep probably means that she is more likely to have a firm hand whereas I tend to take the easiest path. However she does it, I am very glad she can!

No comments: