Monday, April 14, 2008

Smiles and tears

My first day back at work. I didn't sleep at all last night, Eve was restless and so was I. This morning I cried at an HSBC ad on TV while I was feeding Eve (it featured a little girl) and fought back the tears most of the way into work.

When I got here the first person I saw was our lovely head of investment solutions (Italian, 3 kids), upon whom I promptly burst into tears.

However, now I am here it isn't too bad. I am really busy, enjoying getting back into it, and trying not to think of Eve too much. I have deliberately not called home because if she is crying I will want to go home and comfort her, and if she is giggling I will feel awful for missing it. And I have blocked out my time off this week in my diary.

It is now 3.15 and I am counting down the minutes until I can leave.

No comments: