Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lest you forget

For the last week Eve has been waking up 3 or 4 times a night. This has nearly killed me and the Boy (mainly me, as the Boy has managed to develop the ability to sleep through quite a lot), and has led to such delightful comments from Yummy Mummy as "If I smothered her do you think that would help her sleep?" (do not panic, it was meant flippantly) and "You are not hungry, you are just tired and pissed off so suck your thumb and go back to sleep darling".

It has also had the effect of reminding me just how much hard work a newborn is. How on earth did we do it for so long? I have uttered the words "never again" quite a lot in the past few days.

Of course now Eve is better, as delightful as ever, feeding normally again and we have just come back from a lovely afternoon shopping with her. As is the way with motherhood, I have almost forgotten the past week.

No comments: